3 posts tagged Handmade
Fresh from Johnny’s studio!
In 2010 Italian designer Cizak Dalmas launched La Clinica, a collection of furniture and housewares with a story. What you see here are all handcrafted pieces produced by artisans located in three parts of the world: Brazil, Italy, and Spain. This collection is “based on the interaction between young designers and experienced artisans, which combines new ideas with centuries-old know-how”. According to local traditions and resources for materials, the result is three different collections based around the same basic design. Visit La Clinica’s website for more info and photos!
I was planning on posting a gift guide with a mix of things I’ve had my eye on lately, but then I stumbled upon the online shop Ashes & Milk. My jaw was on the floor the entire time I perused it’s categories (Ceramics, Papers, Textiles, Woods, Metals…so much goodness). Ashes & Milk’s website feels more like a gallery as compared to your typical online shop. Their carefully curated collection features the work of 35 artists; each item handmade and original. Go see for yourself!
1. Geoffrey Lilge’s Walnut Serving Board, $150
2. Bryan Nash Gill’s Relief Print 'Hemlock 82', $4000
3. Motley’s White Dipped Spoons, $10
4. Angela Simieone’s Embroidered 'Territories 11', $500
5. Taka Suzuki’s White Mug with Hollow Handle, $180
6. Mori Kowa’s Urushi Bamboo Baby Baby Spoons, $38